Posted: 07 February 2012 at 7:44pm | IP Logged
Fitness is one of the important part of our lifestyle that we have to work out. Staying fit despite busy schedules and work demands is difficult to pursue but is worth pursuing for!
Traveling is exciting! people want to explore places and enjoy the journey, it gives new experiences and healthy outlooks both in mind and body, but how can you stay fit while traveling?
7 tips to stay fit:
1. carry your luggage/stuff - try not to wheel so much of your things. the weights of your luggage will help you sweat a bit and keeps you active
2. take the stairs - if you stayed at a hotel and your room is a few floors up, try to take the stairs instead of the elevator. it's another way of exercising your legs and your entire body as well.
3. walk a lot - to explore the place you visited, walking is the best way to do so. By walking, you get to see areas that are left unseen when riding a car or a service mobile, and it helps in losing excess calories in your body
4. drink plenty of water - while you are walking and enjoying the view, do not forget to always bring with you a bottled water for you to replenish the liquids you lost when sweating, it also re-hydrates you under the heat of the sun
5. consume wisely - the best part of traveling are the signature dishes offered in a hotel or in the place you visited, but always remind yourself to be a wise eater. You can take smaller portions of the cuisine which are new to you
6. do some exercise sessions - when staying at the hotels, there are areas where visitors are privileged to use, try visiting the gym after a healthy meal or take some laps on swimming pools
7. start your day right - after waking up in the morning, try to perform short exercises such as stretching or 15-30 minutes of push-ups.
Traveling is an adventure of a lifetime, but it is not an excuse for not continuing exercise activities you have at home. By pursuing an active lifestyle anywhere you go, it will surely be maintained in the long run.
Follow VRCities :
on twitter: VRChealthdiet
on Facebook :VRCities HealthandWellness
Fan page : VRCities Wellness Initiative
Wellness Initiative Support Specialist